Tuesday, June 26th, 2018
Thank you so much for choosing the Summer Enrichment Program for your student this summer! We are excited to have you on board!
I’d like to bring your attention to some notes and reminders that will help things run smoothly this summer.
· Our program starts at 1:00PM and ends at 4:00PM. Please be considerate of this schedule. Our staff members have responsibilities to attend to before and after each session. We will meet in the Auditorium at 1:00PM each day, and will walk out to the main parking lot with your students at 4:00PM.
· Please remind your student(s) to adhere to standard school dress code. We also ask that all students wear close-toed shoes. We will be having games and activities that involve extensive movement (cardio and dance, for example), and close-toed shoes are the safest option to avoid any potential injuries.
· Our theme this summer is Youth Literature. Students will spend this summer rehearsing and preparing skits inspired by this theme, a choreographed dance, a choral song, and an American Sign Language song. These talents will be showcased during our final performance on Friday, August 3rd at 7:00PM, located in the South Lyon High School Auditorium. Admission is free! Please invite family, friends, and neighbors to attend!
· Please also note that it is important to let your student’s teachers know about scheduled absences. If they need to miss some time due to illness or emergency, this is no problem! But if they will be absent for an extended period of time for camp, vacation, etc., having advance notice helps our staff prepare activities accordingly.
· Our annual Tricky Tray fundraiser will take place on performance nights. We collect various donated items between $5 and $10 from families to raffle at the end of each performance night. We will be searching for parents to help with asking for donations from local businesses (most businesses have worked with us in the past and look forward to participating). Please let us know if you’d be interested in lending a hand in this task.
· If you would like to volunteer in any way, please let us know!We are asking for parents to help visit businesses in the South Lyon Area, and sell Tricky Tray tickets on performance nights. We would love and appreciate any help you are able to provide, and your dedication contributes to the longevity of our program!
· If you know of any additional fundraising opportunities, please let us know!
IMPORTANT EVENTS TO REMEMBER
· July 4th and 5th: No Program. Enjoy your holiday!
· Aubree’s Fundraiser: Date TBD
· Car Wash Fundraiser: Date TBD
· August 2nd: No program for Middle School. This is our Elementary performance day. You are more than welcome to join us at 7:00PM!
· August 3rd: Dress rehearsal will be held from 9:30AM-1:00PM, and our final performance will be held at 7:00PM. Please note that students will be asked to arrive early in order to prepare for their shows. This typically means between 6:30-6:45. We will keep you apprised with an exact time as we get closer.
We are so excited to have you with us for the next six weeks. We hope you are ready for a great summer!
Mid-High Program Director